AFA Continues Uninterrupted Service During COVID-19 Pandemic
Published on March 31, 2020, by AFA Author
AFA Protective Systems, Inc. will continue to provide you with uninterrupted service, as it has done over the past 147 years and through other trying times. Our goal has always been to provide a premium level of safety and security to our customer and their property and assets. Emergency preparedness has always been central to our operation. We have long prepared our company for emergency scenarios including the difficulties we are now facing.
We want to reassure you that AFA remains fully operational to ensure your systems are operating properly and your buildings stay compliant. With the safety of your buildings' occupants and our team as the top priority, AFA will continue to operate under enhanced safety protocols governed by CDC, OSHA, WHO and other industry experts. In addition to strict adherence to these guidelines AFA has undertaken the following on-going efforts related to COVID-19 to deliver the best possible service for our customers:
- As a fire and life safety company, our business and employees have been deemed “essential”. This designation means our employees are exempt from any potential government action that would restrict travel in some way. Therefore, AFA employees are permitted to travel to and from work and provide regular service to our customers.
- Our central station is fully staffed and ready to respond to customer signals and/or activities. We enacted an emergency response plan that includes our operators working in various shifts at our redundant monitoring centers to ensure adequate coverage.
- Our AFA Vision Mobile App is available 24/7 to help our customers manage their central station account from anywhere, anytime.
- Our technicians are equipped with the recommended personal protective equipment including hand sanitizer, masks, wipes, and other cleaning products and are following the latest safety protocols.
- All of your key service team contacts remain available via phone and email. Our phone system remains operational and will either be manned by a receptionist or via automated attendant where you can dial your party by name.
- We have enhanced protocol to protect our employees and facilities if any employee believes they may have been exposed or are not feeling well.
- We will continue taking steps to keep our office environment clean and sanitized including the use of electrostatic disinfection spraying on a regular basis.
- Our leadership team meets regularly to create policy in line with local health officials and guidance from the CDC.
AFA wants to help ensure your focus can remain on the safety of your employees and families. We are taking every precaution to give you peace of mind that the safety of your facilities are in good hands. We are here for you.
All our best,
The AFA Family